Catering & Receptions
We know food provides nourishment and comfort unlike anything else, so that is why Forest Hills Palm City Chapel offers catered events in conjunction with visitations and funeral services. Memories of holiday meals, birthday dinners and secret family recipes create a special bond between the people and the food we love. We can help you celebrate that love by sharing those food favorites in a relaxed gathering.
Lobby set up/clean up fee when ordering catered event (two or more tables with tablecloths, tastefully decorated, plastic utensils, paper or styrofoam plates & cups, coffee, hot tea, cold water, condiments, ice).
- Ordering and pick up of food locally for funeral home
- Up to 30 people, approx. $70.00
- Up to 60 people, approx. $95.00
- Up to 100 people, approx. $130.00
(Amount of people to be determined before service.)
- Ordering and pick up of food out of local area for funeral home (in addition to previous price) starting at $10.00
- Hot food set up/when needed/up to 4 sternos starting at $20.00
- Reservations made for your family at restaurant after service no charge
- If you desire, wine may be brought to the funeral home and opened by you.
- Set up & clean up fee with plastic glasses - starting at $10.00
All of the above prices are in addition to the cost of food. More than approx. 100 people - additional cost may be determined. Catering can be ordered for lobby receptions from most of your favorite restaurants. In some instances an additional delivery charge and/or gratuity may be needed for restaurant employees. Lobby set up/clean up fee when bringing in refreshments (two tables with tablecloths) - no charge
Suggested “Cold Platters” for Reception
- Finger Sandwich Platter: triangle cut on whole wheat & white bread, an assortment of tuna, chicken, pimento cheese, egg & ham (approx. 25 - 30 people)
- Deli "Sub" Platter: choose any combo of turkey, ham, roast beef, cheese, Italian, and all or any of the toppings you want - cut up in 2" servings, on white and/or wheat subs (approx. 25 - 30 people)
- Cubanitos Platter: smaller versions of the original Cuban sandwich: ham,roast pork, Swiss cheese, and sweet pickles on Cuban bread (approx. 20 - 25 people)
- "Wraps" Platter: smaller versions of fresh deli wraps - choose any combo of turkey, ham, roast beef, cheese, Italian, & lettuce & tomatoes (approx. 25 - 30 people)
The above are only suggestions. There are many other options. If you prefer something in particular please speak with our event coordinator and she will make every effort to accommodate your wishes or suggest something more appropriate for your needs.
Suggested “Sweets” for Reception
- Mixed Mini Danish & Rugalach Platter: 3 ½ to 4 lbs.
- Decadent Dessert Platter: miniature cream puffs, éclairs, Cheesecakes, assorted tartlets, and ganache (approx. 50 pieces)
- Brownie Bites Platter: rich mini chocolate brownies with butter-cream frosting & real fruit toppings (approx. 35 pieces)
- Sheet cake: half size with butter cream frosting (approx. 40 to 50 slices)
- Assorted Cookies: chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, peanut butter, sugar (36 count)
The above are only suggestions. If you have a special "sweet" you would prefer, please let us know and we will make every effort to accommodate your request.